On 22 Dec 2011 Satyajit Burman along with the Municipal officer visited the ABC center in Ambernath (Thane- Maharashtra). The center was alloted to Dr Nirmal Patil (Animal Welfare Society) under supervision of Ambernath Muncipal Council. These are the shocking findings:
- Expired medicines, injections and IV’s were being used
- There is no Foods or Water for dogs at the facility
- No freezer for storage of medicine
- No disposable syringes
- No post operative medication applied to the surgery site
- Operated dogs was lying in the infected area
- No doctors or trained staffs was available
- No running water is available inside the ABC Center.
Satyajit immediately called the Chief Vet. Officer Mr Rajesh Kanade for necessary action. He instructed Mr Suresh Patil (Health Department) to confiscate all the medicine and made a panchnama (police report). Satyajit was assured that they are going to file the FIR in the Police Station.
Till today no FIR has been filed.